Friday, November 20, 2009

November Friday

I have been looking over all the information that I was given for all the medications I recieved during chemo. I was getting Venofer for iron deficiency and Aranesp to help my bone marrow create more red blood cells. My 1st treatment was on the 23rd of July of this year. I had my 1st cancer surgery in Feb. 2008. The cancer was removed and my colon was resectioned. I was diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer.Then in Oct. of 2008 I had a colonoscopy and they found just some polyps and diverticuli. My doctor removed the polyps. I started gradually having a few problems that I didn't think were related to my cancer. I went to my colon surgeon and he said that it didn't sound like a colon problem. He was right about that. I went to get a check-up with my family doc. He is the one that actually sent me to get all the test that found the colon cancer. Well I had a pap test and he said everything looked fine. Then he started pressin on my stomach and he said girl what have you done! Actually scared the crap out of me! Well after that he set me up for this scan and that scan. This time I was sent to the Cancer Center. They found a tumor as big as a football from my ovaries down into my pelvis. No wonder that I had gained weight. Anyway this was removed in June2009. Then I started my chemotherapy 6 weeks later. I was getting ELOXATIN with 2 other anti-cancer drugs: 5-fluorouracil(5-FU) and Leucovorin to prevent my cancer from spreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment